I'm not of the kind of person who used to wait and read reviews for new and upcoming movies of the year. Usually I saw and read them in news or in articles but didn't care if it's new or who's the lead character of that movie. When my colleague ask me to watch the movie "Enchanted", I already had an idea that each a movie about fairytales or just a kiddy story based on it's title. I'm already a grown-up lady but I can't deny that I still watch this kind of movies, care nothing about what other people say about my attitude or how I act at my age. Well, animated movies are not limited to children, as everybody knows. Animated movies are for kids "also", so everybody can watch as long as it brings joy and fun to everybody's heart.
I haven't seen any posters or DVD's about Enchanted, so when the movie started and I saw that it was an animation, I thought that all through the movie, it's an animation. And the movie starts at every fairy tales ending, when a prince and a princess to get married and live happily ever after. Well, since it's the beginning, the best part that triggered me to focus on the movie, is when Giselle (Amy Adams) leaves Andalasia just because of a tricky old woman who pull her near the water fall just to make a wish. Her "happy ever lasting" wish brought here to the real world. Yes, if life in Andalasia is all fantasy, she was brought to New York, on modern times and she has to face the reality in the real world. When "happy ever lasting" doesn't exist, when "love" doesn't exist, and only you have to know is how to go on with life with the new people that come into your life after the old colleague/friend/love one left.
When in Andalasia, marriage can be done after a day, as what Giselle and Prince Edward (James Marsden), promised to each other, in New York, it's a big reciprocal to what she has known. Before getting into marriage, an individual must experience dating in which both boy and girl should start to know each other. And should ask each other if they have found the right one for themselves. When Prince Edward followed Giselle in New York, he almost got into trouble when he almost attacked innocent people just to find her lost princess. But that is not important in the story.
Giselle was adapted by Robert Philip (Patrick Dempsey), a divorce lawyer, who think she was crazy but his lovely daughter think she's a real princess who appears into the real world. As Giselle and Robert start to know each other, it is then when Prince Edward found her and took her to be his queen. But reality is different from fantasy. In reality, you'll get to know yourself and ask yourself what you feel. Love in reality follows what the heart say, unlike in fantasy when love follows what the other person promises.
But there's also similarities and things happen both in reality and fantasy. When Giselle got poisoned by the wicked witch and fall asleep. Since the kiss of a true love can only wake her up, Prince Edward failed to do such. His kissed is as cold as ice that didn't woke up the princess. Instead, Robert, who fall in love with Giselle and proved to himself that he needed her, kissed the sleeping princess at exactly 12:00midnight and the spill was gone. And so I believe that love, a true love, can conquers all.
When I finished the movie, I told myself that I'm gonna watch it again. For I will surely give myself sometime to find my true love to kiss me at 12mignight, and remove the poisonous spill that covers my heart.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
My "Enchanted" Story
Posted by
Ms. Black
at
4:40 AM
Labels: a true love's kiss, Amy Adams, Andalasia, Disney World, Enchanted, fantasy, Giselle and Prince Edward, Giselle and Robert, live-action world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment